The Apache Open For Business Project (OFBiz) powers mission critical ERP and E-Commerce functions for Fortune 500 and FTSE 100 Companies.
The Apache Open For Business Project (OFBiz) is a foundation and starting point for reliable, secure and scalable open source enterprise automation software projects. By open source enterprise automation we mean: open source ERP, open source CRM, open source e-business / e-commerce, open source SCM, open source MRP, open source CMMS/EAM, and so on.
OFBiz Business Benefits:
Lowest Total Cost of Ownership (TCO):
- Free and Open Source Software
- OFBiz Apache 2.0 license requires zero license fees and no reciprocity clauses
- No Vendor, service provider or application lock in
- Access to the source code guarantees your software framework investment can be developed independently from a third party vendor or integrator.
- Active and supportive community
- Access to full source code
- Standards Support
- Support for standards ensures that OFBiz remains vendor-neutral and maximizes existing technologies and infrastructure. OFBiz supports the following standards: Java, JEE, SOAP / REST Web Services, MVC
- High Compatibility
- OFBiz's compatibility with numerous application servers, database servers, and operating systems drastically reduces the initial hardware and software investment required by your OFBiz initiative.
- Many Application Functions Pre-Built
- Over 50 function points are included with OFBiz, reducing the customization costs required by your implementation. Some users can deploy straight out of the box
OFBiz Technical Architecture facilitating core customisation and rapid bespoke business applications development:
OFBiz Functional Modules and Features:
OFBiz is a foundation framework based on JEE providing OOTB functionality including:
- advanced e-commerce
- catalog management
- promotion & pricing management
- order management (sales & purchase)
- customer management (part of general party management)
- warehouse management
- fulfilment (auto stock moves, batched pick, pack & ship)
- accounting (invoice, payment & billing accounts, fixed assets)
- manufacturing management
- general work effort management (events, tasks, projects, requests, etc)
- content management (for product content, web sites, general content, blogging, forums, etc)
- a maturing Point Of Sales (POS) module using XUI as rich client interface