Liferay is the most powerful, fully functional open source portal product available. 1Tech have deliver business solutions to complex requirements using the Liferay portal framework. 1Tech has partnered with Liferay since the inception of the product.
Liferay, Inc. is the provider of the leading Java open source enterprise portal, and offers full professional services, support and training for Liferay Portal. Liferay Portal is well regarded for the following: its usability; out-of-the-box content management, Web publishing, and collaboration tools; broad compatibility with major technologies; and powerful developer tools. Support for SOA through Web Services, enterprise service bus and workflow makes Liferay an ideal framework for integrating applications, building intranets, publishing to the Web and creating collaborative Web 2.0 communities.
With many previous experiences of delivering solutions, 1Tech have accumlated deep expertise in Liferay Portal. Our collaborative and community solutions realised through the Liferay portal provide robust, easy-to-maintain and cost-effective alternatives to proprietary applications.
1Tech is a preferred certified service partner for Liferay. We offer the following expert Liferay services:
- Portal Consulting using Liferay
- Advise on how Liferay could fit within your organisation
- Assist with delivering the complete portal project throuhgout the complete lifecycle
- Business Requirements Analysis
- Full requirements elicitation, analysis and definition
- Installation assistance
- Assist with installing, deploying, and configuring Liferay Portal
- Migration assistance
- Assist with migrating from any portal to Liferay Portal
- Assist with migrating applications onto Liferay Portal
- Custom solutions
- Provide customized solutions to meet the diverse needs of enterprises
- Create a proof of concept pilot before investing heavily in your portal project
- Software Development
- Liferay portlet development
- Liferay development
- System analysis and design
- Analyse end user needs and business requirements within a portal infrastructure
- Assist with software design of your portal project
- Front end theme design
- Create front end themes that reflect your company's image
- Code validation
- Provides a validation service for your portal development projects
- Offers you peace of mind that your projects are on track
- Reduces cost and time spent troubleshooting errors
- Architecture assistance
- Ensure best practices approach to portal development
- Provide a detailed plan of recommended enhancements
- Performance tuning and scalability
- Provide recommendation of hardware/software environment tailored to your organization
- Optimise Liferay Portal performance
- Assist with setting up a clustered environment for scalability and fault tolerance
Please note that we have extensive experience of working with Liferay 4, Liferay 5 and Liferay 6.
- Zero License Fees - Liferay Portal's liberal MIT license requires zero license fees and no reciprocity clauses. 1Tech offer a superior Liferay enterprise edition license with additional features. Please ask us for further information on the feature list of the Liferay enterprise edition license.
- Open Source- Access to the source code guarantees your portal investment can be developed independently from a third-party vendor or integrator.
- Standards Support - Support for standards ensures that Liferay Portal remains vendor-neutral and maximizes existing technologies and infrastructure. Liferay supports the following standards: J2EE, JSR-168, SOAP / WSRP / Web Services, JSR-170, MyFaces.
- High Compatibility - Liferay Portal's compatibility with major application servers, database servers, and operating systems (over 700 deployment configurations) drastically reduces the initial hardware and software investment required by your portal initiative.
- Pre-Bundled Portlets - Over 60 functional portlets reduce customization costs. Many Liferay users can deploy straight out of the box.
- High-Value Support Contracts – Liferay/1Tech joint application support contracts offer a broad range of SLA options for both SMBs and enterprises.